Most impactful word of our generation

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRM

XOXO
Surely it must be 'woke'. Nothing else has had more impact in recent history.
agree - the first word I thought of.
There will in time be a reaction against it though I am sure.

winjim

Smash the cistern
I've only heard a one off 'Wow' used sarcastically. I'd say pretty much all of the time it's followed up by some adjectives. Could just be me though.

Notable exception: The Matrix.

View: https://gfycat.com/goldengoodnatureddragonfly-wow-matrix-untold-truth-untold-truths

Not just the Matrix but every Keanu Reeves film ever.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Wtf annoys me. If you're not man/woman/select gender as appropriate enough to swear properly then don't bother trying.

By the time it gets to Tuesday night I look at the rest of the working week and think WTF.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
But WTF is, potentially, 3 words.

4 if you say 'actual' twixt the T & the F

PaulSB

Legendary Member
I think OMG, must be quite high on the list as well as being the most irritating.

Oh how I hate this one. It means absolutely nothing to those who use it.
FUBAR too.

Very subjective one I think. Personally, I love the irony of "snowflake".
I've yet to discover what "snowflake" means but it seems to be derogatory.

Surely it must be 'woke'. Nothing else has had more impact in recent history.
Woke I can vaguely guess at meaning "aware" but life would be simpler if folk just used words correctly. He's "woke" - it's actually meaningless if one's audience don't have a clue what the sense is.

Ridiculous.

AndyRM

XOXO
I've yet to discover what "snowflake" means but it seems to be derogatory.

This is the Wiki definition, which I think is pretty accurate:

"Snowflake" is a 2010s derogatory slang term for a person, implying that he or she has an inflated sense of uniqueness, an unwarranted sense of entitlement, or are overly-emotional, easily offended, and unable to deal with opposing opinions. Common usages include the terms "special snowflake", "Generation Snowflake", and "snowflake" as a politicized insult.

The reason I find it funny is that it could just as easily applied to the person attempting to use it as an insult.

yello

Re swearing, my father's language was colourful and so a bit of cussing sadly comes too easily, and naturally, to me. I sometimes don't even know I've done it until I see it on the face of whoever I'm talking to. I do try not to swear because I'd prefer not to see those looks on people's faces.

I don't think it's "of our generation" but the word 'impactful' has certainly made a probably short term impact on me!

Top Bottom