Motivate me

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Plax

Guru
I was supposed to go on a CTC ride this morning, but got up too late to make it to the rendevous point on time. So now I'm sitting here in my PJs and dressing gown (and pink fluffy slippers), trying to motivate myself to actually get changed and go out on a ride. Weather looks a bit grim - wet with a slight wind. Looks like potential for rain. So I'm thinking "bugger it I'll just doss about the house all day". Seems such a shame though!

Chamfus Flange

I'm off to a bike sale in a moment whichI use as an alternative to a ride. If you've not had a day dossing recently them I'd give a go, otherwise take the machine out for a 10k blast.

solmisation

I'm just about to go out for an hours run before I get dragged out shopping by her indoors, so just get out there if only for a short ride, forget the weather! :biggrin:

Madmidwife

Go out for a ride- you know you'll be glad when you get back- THEN you can doss about- thats what I am just about to do!!!

Kirst

bilko

10 more miles until coffee
If it's looking like rain, get out for a ride and try to get back before the rain starts, then you can say that you beat the weather, then enjoy the day. I was going out but got a bit of knee pain & Mon & Tues off work, so rest today to enjoy the 2 days out.

Danny

Legendary Member
CTC rides start far too early in my opinion.

However I'm sure you would benefit from a short spin even if it is a bit damp.

OP
OP
Plax

Plax

Guru
Well, I went out for a little pootle. Started off okay. Bit nippy, but weather-wise okay. Just as I was getting into it, I was visited by some light rain and then the wind picked up. I can deal with the rain but the wind was getting on my nerves, it was just enough to make everything feel like ten times harder and it was always against me. So I got fed up and came home. Little over 14 miles in all. At least I got out of the house...........

Top Bottom