Motorbike and scooter owners.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gunk

Guru
Cracking day today, 100 mile blast out to Stratford for a ‘spoons breakfast

IMG_2877.jpeg

IMG_2874.jpeg

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Sadly my rather good Triumph sports tourer has just be written off by the insurers after a ham fisted theft attempt which caused a lot of damage : disc, front wheel, steering lock, possible forks and frame too. Had to take the calliper off to even wheel it into the recovery van as the disc was badly bent. Luckily a neighbour heard the commotion and called the police who did attend quite quickly with two police cars. The perps where 4 burly blokes, who them scarpered, but it was a bit intimidating. First I realised was the police knock on my door

Anyhow, fair play to RAC / Aviva the insurers as their value assessment was a good bit more than I'd reasonably expected, and it was all very straightforward. I expected a lowball figure and hassle but after the valuation guy asked my what I thought it was worth, he actually said it was likely a good big more rather than taking advantage of my own lower assessment. We often moan about vehicle insurance but can't fault them on this

May or may not get another, particularly as it'll have to live on the street - though I have had it 10 years, albeit with a couple of more half hearted theft attempts

We've had some fun on it with trips to the
Dolomites, Germany, and Belgium as well as often using it for weekends away for anything that's not mostly motorway

Last edited:
Top Bottom