Motorcycling gear at Lidl - anygood for cycling?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
Should think too heavy and thick. Fear not, no doubt cycling gear will be along in due course!

Norm

I would think that you'd boil. Whilst the two activities are superficially similar, for something specific like weather-proof clothing, the demands are different. They may be obvious but, for example, cyclists are exercising at 15-20mph whilst bikers sit still at 60-70mph, cyclist crash protection is about impact injury, motorbike gear needs to allow for a fast slide as well.

That said, some of the gear might cross over. The thermal base layer might work for both and I use summer-weight Alpinestars moto-cross gloves as winter-weight cycling gloves, for instance.

trsleigh

I've been looking for easy to get on rainproof overshoes for normal, ie not cycling shoes or trainers, for weeks. I had almost given up & resigned myself to carrier bags until yesterday.
Bought a pair of Lidl's motorbike overshoes, brilliant, just what I was after. They're a flexible polyester fabric that opens right out for putting on with a rubber sole. £6.99, well chuffed.:smile:

OP
OP
Manonabike

Manonabike

Über Member
2Loose said:
Indeed, it is just about time for another LidlAldi cycle gear spectacular - can't be much longer now...I really want another pair of the glasses.

22nd of March is the next one.

OP
OP
Manonabike

Manonabike

Über Member
That would be Lidl - no idea what is in it. The one around September has the better choice, socks, vandanas, jackets, shoes, etc - quite good.

I think this one, if I remember correctly has tools, shorts and jerseys, computers, etc.

Aldi should be the first week of May.

Mille

I ride a motorbike and you would sweat your wotsits off in anything other than crosser gear (light shell removeable protection).

It's all about doing nothing when on a motorbike so the stuff is made to keep you warm in what effectively are high winds.

Claire.

Top Bottom