Mountain bike frames

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I have acquired this. A lovely, lovely frame, from 1991 I think.

I have a Karakoram from 1992 which is fantastic, and apart from a couple of details (not sure which was better, TBH), this is the same. Light but not stupid light, solid, comfortable and reassuring. Condition is good, quite a few paint chips and scratches but no dents, and nothing is siezed.

It's for someone quite tall. This is 18.5" c-c, but as it's a GT it's actually comes out quite a bit bigger than this. Head tube is 22.5" c-c. Fairly slack angles for a 1991 bike; this would build up nicely as a tourer, if you fancied a bit of touring, although it's good for anything else you'd care to throw at it too! A versatile, solid bike.

Includes a good set of Deore DX brakes, its original (long!) stem in matching tiger-print paint, and a nice FSA "Surelock" headset.

I know how easy it is to throw terms like "iconic" about, but this is the epitome of an early 90s mountain bike, and at the price I'm offering it for it's a bargain.

£40 posted to the UK, or I might swap it for something interesting. Sorry, but I can't do Paypal anymore.

DSCN0426.jpg
DSCN0425.jpg

Also, I have a Saracen Traverse. This is huuge, 20" c-c seat tube, 22" c-c top tube. Solid, and in good condition. This has a Ritchey Logic headset, and a seat tube mounted fulcrum clip, so you can run a bottom pull front mech. This one would make a superb tourer, you can tell Saracen were originally a company that made road bikes when you see this. Very good quality and beautifully designed.

DSCN0427.jpg

£40 posted for or a swap as detailed above.

Make me an offer if you think I'm asking too much, I won't laugh, maybe.

OP
OP
C

chris667

Guru
The GT has gone. Saracen is now £30 posted.

Top Bottom