Mountain rescue worker injured Just Giving Link.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
And as the bloke was being wheeled into the ambo hopis lastmwords as they closed the door was...

"How's the casualty?"

A big up to all the SAR volunteers everywhere.

Edit - donated.

Drago

Legendary Member
SAR teams leave it to the dibble to deliver the bollockings, but we certainly think it sometimes. Fortunately in my line of SAR lost/injured/ill prepared rural wanderers don't make up so much of our clientele so our blood pressure gets an easier time.

OP
OP
K

Kingfisher101

Über Member
This poor gentleman has been left paralysed from the neck down wards after going to rescue people camping in February half way up a mountain!. They were not even from the Lake District and travelled to get there so broke the lockdown. He went out in the bitter cold and pitch black to help. Its shameful how selfish those men were. I would feel terrible if I'd done that. Its awful for his family who are now going to have to manage his care etc when he comes home.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!

stephec

Legendary Member
I was working with a few of his old work mates today, all say he was a decent bloke and that they'd love to know the addresses of the idiots he was trying to help.

stephec

Legendary Member
Less heart-warming. If mountain rescue dudes all thought like that, there would be no MRTs. Fortunately the all seem to be decent blokes (and bloke-esses!)
These weren't MRT, I was at the place where he used to work before he retired and moved up there.

Top Bottom