Moving on

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Onthedrops

Veteran
Thinking of selling my 2016 Giant Defy Advanced 2 (small frame) to make way for a newer model.
The bike is in mint condition (like new) never been scraped, scuffed or dropped. All original with spd pedals fitted.
Honestly, not many miles ridden so tyres are hardly worn.
Since having a bike fit the bike does feel a bit small for me

What would be the going rate to ask? Seriously haven't a clue.

JoshM

Have you looked on gumtree and eBay to see what similar bikes go for?

pclay

Veteran
If you haven't ridden many miles, then why do you want to get a new bike. The new bike will sit in the shed not being ridden many miles?

vickster

Legendary Member
Realistically £700-800 as above given the reduced prices.

Stick it on here, eBay BIN (add a bit to cover fees) and Gumtree and see what happens

Be prepared to offer to courier so as to restrict the sale by geography

vickster

Legendary Member
If you haven't ridden many miles, then why do you want to get a new bike. The new bike will sit in the shed not being ridden many miles?
He says it feels small. IIRC a bike fitter told him so, although it was ok beforehand from what I recall?) A longer stem and/or a layback seat post would be much cheaper than the depreciation...

pclay

Veteran
He says it feels small. IIRC a bike fitter told him so, although it was ok beforehand from what I recall?) A longer stem and/or a layback seat post would be much cheaper than the depreciation...
Ahh ok, not aware of the reasons for selling.

broady

Veteran
If its only a grand to get a new one then I wouldn't want to pay more than £500 for a secondhand one as you no longer get the frame warranty or any warranty of any sort.
But if I was selling then I'd want at least £700 for it
I'd put it up for £800 and if you have a receipt for the amount you paid then I'd mention that too (unless an ultimate bargain and then just put the rrp).

Good luck and hope you get on better with your next bike

Top Bottom