Mtb advice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kevoffthetee

On the road to nowhere
I'm after a little advice from those who have the following bike which are under consideration.

Trek 3500
specialized Hardrock26
Giant revel 2
Gt Timberline 29er
Ghost SE 1800

All are priced between £250-300 but I don't think there is much between them on paper (I may be wrong). Main usage will be along cycle routes (mainly 7&14) which are relatively flat. If any of there are are a little more sturdy than others let me know as I may want to take it somewhere like Hamsterly forest, but I have no intention of going over jumps and like.

Cheers, Kev

Cyclist33

My advice would be don't get any of them. For the riding you mention a straight forked ride would be better.

OP
OP
Kevoffthetee

Kevoffthetee

On the road to nowhere
Hi, my thoughts are to find forks with lockout option for the cycle route, but still have the option for a little off roaring. I'm not talking black routes at hamsterly forest but a little cushioning could help.

I am reassessing my budget but according accordingly reviews I need to spend closer to £700 to notice any significant difference and that's not an option. I have found a revel 1 for £340 but wonder if it worth the extra £90 of the revel 3 given the kit?

Top Bottom