MTB shoes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
posted a thread about clipless or flats in the MTB section and seen as I have a week till collection of bike thought I would continue my research into recommended shoes suitable for flat pedals for example FiveTen.
I'm tied to what is stocked by wheelbase as I have a credit note for their but may end up going clipless as I have on road bike but, again, welcome everyone's views and advice which is really useful

Klassikbike

Other than FiveTen these come to my mind: Vaude Moab, Addidas Terrex, ION the Rascal, ION Raid Amp, Shimano MA7 all come to my mind.

I don't particularly choose cycling shoes for mtb'ing. I tend to use fabric boots, I've even done part of the Marin trail in my Scarpa mantas one year when I realized I'd only brought my hiking boots with me.

I know you said wheelbase but in case you decide to spend that on something else Sportpursuit have deals on Polaris shoes at the moment (you'll need to register with them and look how they work as they don't keep stock and it isn't always instant delivery)

OP
OP
rideswithmoobs
I don't particularly choose cycling shoes for mtb'ing. I tend to use fabric boots, I've even done part of the Marin trail in my Scarpa mantas one year when I realized I'd only brought my hiking boots with me.

I know you said wheelbase but in case you decide to spend that on something else Sportpursuit have deals on Polaris shoes at the moment (you'll need to register with them and look how they work as they don't keep stock and it isn't always instant delivery)

I bought one of the new Whyte 905's and they gave me £170 in store credit so if I go the flats/shoes route then it will pay for them and maybe a helmet as I don't currently use one. If I bought elsewhere after just buying the bike and more cash I dare say the wife will kick me in the bollocks.......repeatedly

I bought one of the new Whyte 905's and they gave me £170 in store credit so if I go the flats/shoes route then it will pay for them and maybe a helmet as I don't currently use one. If I bought elsewhere after just buying the bike and more cash I dare say the wife will kick me in the bollocks.......repeatedly
Well when you put it like that.........they don't seem to have a lot though and the Polaris ones where like £30 from 70 but yeah, I take your point.

OP
OP
rideswithmoobs
Well when you put it like that.........they don't seem to have a lot though and the Polaris ones where like £30 from 70 but yeah, I take your point.

i looked at shoes and only did 3 pair of MTB so then I did a search for five ten on their website and they all came up. I was surprised at so few due to the place been mahoosive over 2 floors but maybe it's just how the website works

Top Bottom