mtb skills and demo day

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

try-cycles

Try-Cycles Ltd. have teamed up with Surosa Cycles and local mountain bike club North West Riders to promote cycling throughout the borough by hosting cycle activities open to members of the public so why not come along and join in the fun. The event will be held at the beautiful setting of Crompton Moor on Sunday 23rd November 2008 with activities starting at 11:00am and finishing at 3:30pm with a range of activities to suit everyone from children to adults.

Try-Cycles will be running skills sessions, aimed at those new to mtb'ing and looking to improve their skills. Open to anyone aged 6 and upwards (under 16s must be accompanied by an adult) riders must supply their own bike and helmet. Our skills course and qualified mountain bike leaders will improve your bike handling techniques and teach skills for off road riding to encourage and motivate riders to get the best from themselves and their bikes with an emphasis on fun.

North West Riders will be on hand to get involved and encourage membership to this relatively new club made up of passionate people with an interest in developing more legal trails in the surrounding area.

For the more experienced rider Surosa Cycles will be teaming up with hi-tech German bike company Bionicon and Cube mountain bikes who will have their current fleets of bikes available for test rides throughout the day, so come and try them out on a longer ride taking on some exciting single track and bridleways around Crompton Moor lead by the team from Surosa.

The event is supported by Oldham Council through the Countryside Service and the Unlocking Oldham's Cycling Potential initiative with a view to promoting this beautiful site of special scientific interest as Oldhams' “Jewel in the Crown” for a wide diversity of users including equestrians, dog walkers and nature lovers from the local community and beyond.

The event is located at Crompton Moor, Brushes Clough Quarry, off Buckstones Road, Shaw (Grid Ref. SD928107) where basic refreshments will be available. Ample parking on site.

I wish I could but no chance of getting a lift as I do not have a DL. And I missed all the Kona days as well:angry:

Top Bottom