Mushrooms talk to each other..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 1258

Shrooms talked to me once.......:wacko:

psilocybin

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Trees have taken a leaf out of the same book and do much the same thing. (Though theirs is called the wood-wide web).

Morel of the story is don't a-shroom that only higher-order creatures communicate!
I remember hearing a German forester talking about this on the radio. IIRC he said trees communicate through their root tips and he had plenty of anecdotal evidence to back this up. What stuck in my mind though was when he talked about why he left his job - he realised that trees grown from pots have their root tips cut off, torn away or damaged during transplanting and they're effectively brain dead. He then described how you can see this in plantations where they've been grown this way and they're effectively sterile, barren wards of victims in comas.

I was left feeling incredibly sad.

OP
OP
PeteXXX

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
A memory has just surfaced of something I read about, possibly, Native Americans dancing around a tree telling it that they were going to chop it down before felling a different one. This caused the trees around to faint. That meant that the tree felled didn't feel any pain, and the tree that thought it was going to be cut down was happy that it didn't happen.

Or did I just dream this!?

DRM

Guru
I think most life forms on our planet probably communicate in ways we wouldn't/can't recognise.

Including teenagers

DRM

Guru
Stanley Unwin an absolute genius, god alone knows how he did that, none sense that sounded ever so nearly right but totally gibberish

oldwheels

Legendary Member
A memory has just surfaced of something I read about, possibly, Native Americans dancing around a tree telling it that they were going to chop it down before felling a different one. This caused the trees around to faint. That meant that the tree felled didn't feel any pain, and the tree that thought it was going to be cut down was happy that it didn't happen.

Or did I just dream this!?
I have read this a long time ago but no idea if they actually did that or it could be in modern parlance fake news.

Top Bottom