Muvi Mouting Ideas please :)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mike!

Guru
Personally i wouldn't mount it with velcro or such like. Don't think it would hold at bike speeds plus and glue can damage helmets.

Mount it on the bike or on your jacket...

OP
OP
thomas

thomas

the tank engine
mr_cellophane said:
Do you still have your ATC2k rubber band ?

Hmm! Will have to check out the atc attachments when back home!

I'm thinking that attaching it to the bike might be the easiest thing.

AndyCarolan

Do you smell fudge?
I dont know, I think I would be a bit concerned about that being right in front of my face :/ - if anything, i think mounted on the cheek pad would be a safer option. but you would still have a pretty solid object in the helmet with your face (eyes included) - im not sure it would be a pretty sight in the event of an off

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
AndyCarolan said:
I would mount it on the cheek pads - are they removable ones? if so, you could probably use a length of double sided velcro to create a strap

Alaskan Rob said:
Definitely on the cheek pad / the blue material just to the side of it, that's where I have mine. Velcro on there, and then stick velcro on the back of the Muvi.

It's then also behind the visor and so protected from rain and bugs. On the outside of the helmet its more likely to be damaged, especially if you do come off.

yep me too.

Although if your pad does not remove then you will need to "cobble" something together.

I didnt want to use velcro as I thought it would allow too much wobble, perhaps I'm wrong.

also...are you planning on going out in the rain with that lid (good luck):sad:

IMG00083-20100408-1035.jpg

IMG00080-20100408-1034.jpg

OP
OP
thomas

thomas

the tank engine
jonny jeez said:
yep me too.

Although if your pad does not remove then you will need to "cobble" something together.

I didnt want to use velcro as I thought it would allow too much wobble, perhaps I'm wrong.

also...are you planning on going out in the rain with that lid (good luck);)

Apparently, the rain doesn't get through...I'm not so sure, but figure if it rains, I've got more to worry about than a wet head :wacko:

I did try your method from the photos you sent me, but can't really do it with my lid.

The last one on mike.pembo's video could work...but I think I'll see if I can mount it to the bike! :smile: I could have a rear facing one really easily, but not too sure on the front without having a play around.

Perhaps right at the front, of the front mud guard?! :smile:

OP
OP
thomas

thomas

the tank engine
jonny jeez said:
cant you "wear" the cam. I use to clip mine to my jacket pocket sometimes

Yeah, I need to work it out really! :wacko:

Sure I'll be able to sort something out. I get my first go on her on Saturday, when I am back from UNI ;)

I can't wait!!

Trumpettom001

k don't rub it in. I've still got 3 weeks until i finish exams.... and I don't even have a bike to welcome me home!!!

OP
OP
thomas

thomas

the tank engine
Trumpettom001 said:
k don't rub it in. I've still got 3 weeks until i finish exams.... and I don't even have a bike to welcome me home!!!

Oh, I finished a week or so ago now :ohmy:

Been partying the nights away....saw Ms Dynamite tttteeeEEEE last night B)

bostonian

bostonian

Hello, I got the Muvi Pro and there is a problem when recording outside, I mean while I recording inside my home or room everything goes good, but when I take it outside to the street then there are a lot of interruptions, like every 3 seconds there is an interruption, I don’t know if there is something wrong with the configuration because I tried a different mini SD card and the same problem. I take it for a walk, run or even when put it steady outside and the same problem. So please is somebody know how to resolve this problem let me know, or maybe the device is defective so then I have to return it. Thank you to anyone who tries to help me on this issue.

Top Bottom