My 100 mile challenge

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

specialized1980

Regular
Set myself a challenge a few weeks ago to do 100 miles in the week and I crashed on the first ride out, so I started again at the beginning of the week and finished it today in 6hr 27mins. Had to struggle through some horrendous wind during the week but very happy with that now I aim to break that time....

paul04

Über Member
Well done :smile:

Well done..the wind itself makes it feel like you're on a never ending hill. It's so easy to think, "Sod it!" and not get out (have been guilty of that many times myself!), so well done for persevering!

Only had 8 mile to do this evening... Monday was horrible. Winter is definitely here.
Well done, Autumn has arrived not Winter, you will know about it when it comes :smile:, the wind has been bad this last week, it has knocked off my speed a little, but then I have been doing a few more hills, so combination of both, I find if its windy do some hill work if you can, because speed isn't so important (not that it is anyway), and chances are you will get some rest out of the wind if you plan your ride right, with most climbing on the lee side of the hill.

Last edited:
Top Bottom