My Beloved Brompton

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
My lovely Brompton M3L was stolen in Islington today. It has a lovely Raw lacquer finish with exposed soldered joints. It has a small rear view mirror on the right handle bar. If you see my bike anywhere please contact me. Thanks.

I hope you get it back

My lovely Brompton M3L was stolen in Islington today. It has a lovely Raw lacquer finish with exposed soldered joints. It has a small rear view mirror on the right handle bar. If you see my bike anywhere please contact me. Thanks.
That's awful. How did they get it ?

It's too nickable to be locked up. Mine is with me whatever I do. I'll carry it into cafés or round the shops or under my desk at work.
Hope you get it back.

It's too nickable to be locked up. Mine is with me whatever I do. I'll carry it into cafés or round the shops or under my desk at work.
Hope you get it back.
Yes i would never lock mine up.
Mine is a heavy beast but its foldability at least means i save the weight of a lock.
I gather that london cycle thief pros just wait around for particulary good targets, dive in with the cutting hardware and away.

roley poley

Über Member
the Brompton stolen bike checker has gone off line too ..hope they fix it soon

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Bromptons appear to be very nickable in capital cities. I lock mine up in Denmark on an almost daily basis, when I am riding. I would not lock it up outside in London though.

Bromptons appear to be very nickable in capital cities. I lock mine up in Denmark on an almost daily basis, when I am riding. I would not lock it up outside in London though.
I wouldn't lock my brompton up anywhere to tell the truth and don't see the point - it's portable and so I can spare myself the weight of a lock or two locks. I'd no more leave my brompton locked in the street than my pants.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
I wouldn't lock my brompton up anywhere to tell the truth and don't see the point - it's portable and so I can spare myself the weight of a lock or two locks. I'd no more leave my brompton locked in the street than my pants.
I don't think many people would nick your pants from the street, locked or not.:okay:

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
You cannot take Bromptons in everywhere and to me it is just a bike. I have more expensive bikes and they cannot be taken into places at all. They get locked up outside. Some people treat them as if they are children. Rather them than me.

You cannot take Bromptons in everywhere and to me it is just a bike. I have more expensive bikes and they cannot be taken into places at all. They get locked up outside. Some people treat them as if they are children. Rather them than me.
maybe things are calmer your neck of the woods - I wouldn't lock any expensive bike in london, nor one from a sought-after brand. Bikes I lock ride wonderfully but are less sought after than many so there are better pickings. I am afraid that in london it is well known that many thefts are by folks waiting around "under cover" - something worth nicking is signalled and an operative zooms in and takes it quickly in plain sight. They'd put MI5/6 to shame. None of my bikes, however "cheap" are "just bikes".

Top Bottom