My cunning plan to get drivers to give me more room..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
fossyant said:
Just think of the aero drag.............

Yea... I'd rather be dead than drag that around...

:smile:

Crankarm

Guru
As stated it will create a lot of drag and if in line with your bike as you will be travelling forwards, drivers won't see it as for them to see it, it will need to be at 90 degs to direction of travel which might be tricky ...........

Why not get one of those yellow flashing lights like what rubbish lorries and tractors have? Plus look behind a lot more frequently.

A flag on a vehicle car, van, bike, whatever, at this time, as it's World Cup, only makes one look like a chav :ohmy:.

battered

Guru
Flag, bag, ladders, makes SFA difference, a little while ago a woman in Leeds pulled alongside me, on my right on a roundabout, looked me in the eye, decided "f*** it, only a cyclist" and turned the wheel to the left. It was OK though, she was indicating. Next time I see her I'll know that if she's indicating she's trying to kill someone, and I can give her a wide berth.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
The two best ways I know to get room from drivers are:

To ride a recumbent, and to wobble as you're riding along.
To skate on the road carrying a hockey stick, held horizontally in both hands.

They won't pass, and they'll go to the other side of the road if they do overtake. They might beep you with the first one, but very few drivers will dare to beep you with the second.

BentMikey said:

They won't pass, and they'll go to the other side of the road if they do overtake. They might beep you with the first one, but very few drivers will dare to beep you with the second.
casey-jones-cover.jpg

OP
OP
Sheffield_Tiger
BentMikey said:

Wouldn't a hockey mask and machete, coupled with a torn and wet coat be more effective? :tongue:

Especially on the day that triskaidekaphobics fear

I would go for a red/black stripy jumper and a brimmed hat, but the hat would give me less protection and i'd make a right mess of my cycling gloves...

Top Bottom