My first 50 miler

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

amnesia

Free-wheeling into oblivion...
Went out with a few friends for a ride around Poole Harbour early this morning... It is fair to say that it was a little damp.

Had to cycle 6 miles to my mate's house to meet up with the others and got my first p###ture after failing to avoid a huge pothole
angry.gif
. Still I can vouch for the strength of Ritchey Comp rims.

Anyway - we set off from Broadstone, down to Sandbanks, got the 08:10 ferry to Studland, up and over the Purbecks to Swanage for a coffee and bacon roll - yum. Then up a killer hill from Swanage to Kingston Matravers (3 miles of HELL) to Corfe Castle, then back through Wareham, Worth Matravers, Sandford, Lytchett, Broadstone, and finally home. The Garmin showed 48.2 miles so I carried on past my house and did a small loop to take it just over the 50 miles.

http://ridewithgps.com/routes/156643

Well chuffed with myself
biggrin.gif

My longest ride up to the 24th July this year was about 15 miles and since then I have done 3 rides over 30 miles and now one over 50.

Might drive to work tomorrow... I don't think my legs will work in the morning
wacko.gif

Oh - I've lost 10% of my body weight since 1st July too - all from just getting out and riding my bike !

Right 'O... off to clean my filthy bike
wub.gif

Ben M

Congrats on your achievement.

I wouldn't rule out riding in tomorrow, just don't spend all evening sitting still, and do some stretches before bed and you should be fine :smile:

G81

Congratulations on breaking the 50mile marker, tackling the 3 miles of hell and your great weight loss.

sundaram

I can ride for a distance of say 10 miles without a break now. I am unable to go beyond without some rest sometimes under a tree or in a hut or so.

Top Bottom