My First Roadish Bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ciar

Veteran
Hi,

my company now does cycle to work, so i am thinking of picking up my first even odd shaped drop bar bike purely for commuting, have been looking at the 2017 Kona Jake as i like the fact it has wideish bars and they had them on stock, only problem was that one one i wanted was black with yellow decals, the one ordered in for a test ride is yellow!

so either i wait until they get in the colour i want or try something else, but Evans have no idea when they will have that colour in stock as it's currently unavailable. i am after a cyclocross as i have only ever ridden a racer once when i was 13 and i generally ride flat bar bikes or MTB so used to that style of bike.

can anyone recommend brands or particular bikes i should be looking at please? as i am generally clueless and Evans in Canary Wharf don't keep all bikes in store.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
try and have a look at the Genesis Croix de fer range

vickster

Legendary Member
Go to the bigger Evans at Spitalfields or Mortimer St

The Canary Wharf one is not much cop as @jefmcg will attest

With a roadbike you want the correct width bars which might not be wide!

Look at Evans Arkose CX models?

OP
OP
Ciar

Ciar

Veteran
Will check out the Arkose as i have sent the Kona back can't be riding a yellow bike :smile: also checking out the GT they currently have on sale and in my size, thanks for the replies as well much appreciated.

vickster

Legendary Member
If buying on C2W and living/riding/parking in London, make sure it's fully insured for its full replacement value. You don't want to end up paying for something you no longer have if it gets stolen :sad:

OP
OP
Ciar

Ciar

Veteran
If buying on C2W and living/riding/parking in London, make sure it's fully insured for its full replacement value. You don't want to end up paying for something you no longer have if it gets stolen :sad:

Already have a cycling policy which covers all my bikes for theft all clothing and items,plus liability and accidents :smile: will add this once I find one I like.

Top Bottom