My first solo long road ride on my sprint x tour from Hartlepool to the Transporter bridge in port clarence

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

leebull07

My first solo ride which I enjoyed from hartlepool to port Clarence was enjoyable and the amount of room the traffic gave me was amazing people even slowing down to have a look and giving me a thumbs up I was scared at first but eased into the ride only had my trike since May and first time on a bike since I broke my back in 2016 I would like to do the coast to coast once I'm fit enough to raise money for the royal british legion and my regiment the royal yorkshire regiment

Attachments

• inbound3248212031239868886.jpg
    inbound3248212031239868886.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 12
  • inbound5055220865389114443.jpg
    inbound5055220865389114443.jpg
    171.4 KB · Views: 11
  • inbound3980716550335631742.jpg
    inbound3980716550335631742.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 15
  • inbound8009551933972067473.jpg
    inbound8009551933972067473.jpg
    197.6 KB · Views: 12

grldtnr

A fine machine, but perhaps for me not best suited for touring, the ICE Adventure is better suited.
Mine is a AZUB Tri-tris, Probably a little more Agricultural, but I do camp / tour with it, even go off road with it ,exiting times on really rough bridleways, specially dealing with deep tyre ruts, something the Tour X wont do.
Horses for courses mind.
Keep at it , those recumbent legs will come, bear in mind you can gear very low and go slow, you can't fall off ! Well ,yes you can ,but something would have gone drastically wrong first

iluvmybike

Über Member
A fine machine, but perhaps for me not best suited for touring, the ICE Adventure is better suited.
Mine is a AZUB Tri-tris, Probably a little more Agricultural, but I do camp / tour with it, even go off road with it ,exiting times on really rough bridleways, specially dealing with deep tyre ruts, something the Tour X wont do.
Horses for courses mind.
Keep at it , those recumbent legs will come, bear in mind you can gear very low and go slow, you can't fall off ! Well ,yes you can ,but something would have gone drastically wrong first

The Sprint X Tour is exactly that - it is designed for touring! I have one and it is superb. It is quite capable of dealing with off-road gravel tracks/fire roads and I've used mine on easier narrow off road tracks too

grldtnr

I am getting through rough dried farm tracks on Bridleways, with mine, not every ride but when i am wandering with camping gear.
I have ridden the Tour X & Adventure neither could cope with that sort of track, granted the ICE & the HP Velo , had a spirited ride, but when i am wandering off road ,i don't want that.
The Tri-tris has that little extra ground clearance.
I do spin out the rear wheel, but so would any other Tadpole.
I would love a 26"all round, but the higher centre of gravity off sets that.
Definitely not wanting suspension, but I suppose I ought to give one a whizz, but I'd sooner know what the bike is doing, than find out too late.
As I said ,the ICE is a good ride on road, but my Azub copes better off road.

a.twiddler

Veteran
My first solo ride which I enjoyed from hartlepool to port Clarence was enjoyable and the amount of room the traffic gave me was amazing people even slowing down to have a look and giving me a thumbs up I was scared at first but eased into the ride only had my trike since May and first time on a bike since I broke my back in 2016 I would like to do the coast to coast once I'm fit enough to raise money for the royal british legion and my regiment the royal yorkshire regiment

Excellent! I hope that you will write up your future exploits. It would encourage others. I try to write up my trips on Your Ride Today or even Tiny Rides of 2023 as there aren't many recumbent related rides on there. I wonder if more recumbent riders might write up their rides if there was a dedicated recumbent ride thread. You don't have to be a marathon rider. Every trip can be an adventure on a recumbent.

grldtnr

Excellent! I hope that you will write up your future exploits. It would encourage others. I try to write up my trips on Your Ride Today or even Tiny Rides of 2023 as there aren't many recumbent related rides on there. I wonder if more recumbent riders might write up their rides if there was a dedicated recumbent ride thread. You don't have to be a marathon rider. Every trip can be an adventure on a recumbent.

It sure is fun ,trying to ride a bridleway with each wheel in a different rut, some very interesting angle of dangles, you definitely need to pick your line.
Fording water can be a bum wetting experience though, Essex can be bone dry in the dry season, but there are a lot of fords on my favourite routes.......... there is goes another diverting ride trying to to get out the other side,but at least its possible to stay dry side up, spills are rare when you have 3 wheels on your wagon.

Top Bottom