My memory fails me

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fatblokish

Guru
Back in 1982 a group of friends and I did LEJOG, following the CTC route at the time and staying in youth hostels every night. I recall the first half of the trip but much of the latter escapes me. Can you please help fill in the blanks?

Lands End
Tintagel
Exford
Cheddar
ST Briavels
Ludlow
Chester
?
?
Snoot
Possibly Braemar or was it Aviemore
?
Carbisdale Castle
?
JOG

I may have missed some ? out too.

Thanks in anticipation

theloafer

Legendary Member
^_^
brings back great memories ....first time i did it was 1995 40th b/day ctc yha route
lands end.......yha
golant.............yha
steps bridge...yha
street............,,yha
welsh bicknor.yha
clun mill..........yha
chester...........yha
slaidburn........yha
carrock fell.....yha...(dam great hostel that one)
wanlockhead..syha
loch lomond....syha
glencoe...........syha
locn ness........syha.(not a good hostel)
carbisdale.......syha..(very posh hostel)
john o'groats...syha
lejog.jpg

Kathryn Bennison

Back in 1982 a group of friends and I did LEJOG, following the CTC route at the time and staying in youth hostels every night. I recall the first half of the trip but much of the latter escapes me. Can you please help fill in the blanks?

Lands End
Tintagel
Exford
Cheddar
ST Briavels
Ludlow
Chester
?
?
Snoot
Possibly Braemar or was it Aviemore
?
Carbisdale Castle
?
JOG

I may have missed some ? out too.

Thanks in anticipation
I think this is a route we are looking at for September. And after Chester it's St Briavels, Ludlow, Chester, Slaidburn, Dufton,Snoot, Glendevon, Braemar, Aviemore, Carbidale, John o groats. We have changed it a bit going up through Glasgow to fort William and across to Inverness.

wintonbina

Über Member
I think this is a route we are looking at for September. And after Chester it's St Briavels, Ludlow, Chester, Slaidburn, Dufton,Snoot, Glendevon, Braemar, Aviemore, Carbidale, John o groats. We have changed it a bit going up through Glasgow to fort William and across to Inverness.

With reference to Carbidale, it was closed when we did our LeJoG so we stayed at Rogart at Sleepzzz (www.sleepzzz.com). You stay in modified railway carriages/buses at a live quaint Railway Station and its brilliant!!! The lady who runs it, Kate is a wonderful host and I highly recommend it.
Tony

theloafer

Legendary Member

With reference to Carbidale, it was closed when we did our LeJoG so we stayed at Rogart at Sleepzzz (www.sleepzzz.com). You stay in modified railway carriages/buses at a live quaint Railway Station and its brilliant!!! The lady who runs it, Kate is a wonderful host and I highly recommend it.
Tony
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\ your link is not right wintonbina should be http://www.sleeperzzz.com/links.html :thumbsup:
^_^ thanks wintonbina remember been told of that place but could not think of the web site cheers :thumbsup: poss will use them on my jole run 2 years time :bravo:

wintonbina

Über Member
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\ your link is not right wintonbina should be http://www.sleeperzzz.com/links.html :thumbsup:
^_^ thanks wintonbina remember been told of that place but could not think of the web site cheers :thumbsup: poss will use them on my jole run 2 years time :bravo:
Thank you:blush:. This place is awesome for nostalgia & there's a great pub & Hotel for food a couple of hundred yards away!!!!

Top Bottom