My new camera...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rob S

The S700 doesn't shoot in a RAW format...my guess would be that the pics are stored on a corrupt area of the memory card. If the card was incorrectly formatted (Fat 16, Fat 32 etc) you probably wouldn't have been able to take a pic in the first place. I had a Smartmedia card have a corrupt area on it and photos that went on to this area would not display at all in some applications, show half a photo in others. As the card was fairly old I just locked the photo on the card using the camera so no other photo would be written over it.

I suggest you get it changed.

bonj2

Rob S said:
The S700 doesn't shoot in a RAW format...my guess would be that the pics are stored on a corrupt area of the memory card. I suggest you get it changed.

Hardly any do. I think the corrupt memory idea sounds feasible. have you tried it with a different memory card yet arch? Formatting it?

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
bonj said:
Hardly any do. I think the corrupt memory idea sounds feasible. have you tried it with a different memory card yet arch? Formatting it?

Just done that. Took four test shots and they are all fine. But I suppose I won't be sure until I've taken a load and they are all fine (yesterday, I took two, and one was no good). Cheers, maybe that's solved it. I had no idea I'd need to format the card - my old Canon used Compact Flash and was fine with a new card. Having looked in the full instruction book, I see it says you need to format a new card, but it would be handy if it said it in the quick set up guide - I bet that's all most people refer to...

It's so nice to be able to ask questions here, and generally not be made to feel too stupid...;)

Top Bottom