My new Specialized Roubaix

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

philinmerthyr

Über Member
image.jpg

I picked up my Roubaix today. It's a superb bike. Very light and it certainly stands out in a crowd. I only had a short time for my ride today so I did the Swansea bay ride from the marina, past mumbles and on to Bracelet Bay.

This is my first road bike and after a short time getting used to it, I loved it. The ride was very comfortable. My height should fit a 54" bike but on testing I went for the 56" as the smaller frame felt cramped. I only did 14 miles today but my average speed was 2.5mph faster than on my Orange Crush MTB.

Planning another ride in the morning but again I only have a couple of hours and I'm off to Leicester to watch the Ospreys beat the Tigers in the Heineken cup rugby on Sunday so riding will be limited this weekend. Planning to extend my longest ride beyond 30 miles next week.

I fitted some mudguards and better tyres to get me through the winter. The MTB will come out in the bad weather but I plan to get the Roubaix as much as possible. Does road salt really damage carbon Frames?

Davehateshills

Nice Bike. Welcome to the world of road bikes, no going back............... ever!

Cyclist33

View attachment 14057

I picked up my Roubaix today. It's a superb bike. Very light and it certainly stands out in a crowd. I only had a short time for my ride today so I did the Swansea bay ride from the marina, past mumbles and on to Bracelet Bay.

This is my first road bike and after a short time getting used to it, I loved it. The ride was very comfortable. My height should fit a 54" bike but on testing I went for the 56" as the smaller frame felt cramped. I only did 14 miles today but my average speed was 2.5mph faster than on my Orange Crush MTB.

Planning another ride in the morning but again I only have a couple of hours and I'm off to Leicester to watch the Ospreys beat the Tigers in the Heineken cup rugby on Sunday so riding will be limited this weekend. Planning to extend my longest ride beyond 30 miles next week.

I fitted some mudguards and better tyres to get me through the winter. The MTB will come out in the bad weather but I plan to get the Roubaix as much as possible. Does road salt really damage carbon Frames?
Love it! One of my dream bikes the roubaix.

DaveyM

Über Member
Nice.

nuff said :becool:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Nice bike!

Does road salt really damage carbon Frames?
It's not the frame that you need to worry about, it's the salt and grit grinding away and corroding the rest of the bike!

I managed to sneak out for a one hour ride on Christmas morning once and didn't clean my bike when I got back. I couldn't believe how much rust there was on it by Boxing day!

Dave7

Legendary Member
Was going to get one of those but the reports are sooo bad................tell you what I'll take it off your hands for £50?
A seriously nice bike and a lovely part of the world to ride it:bicycle:

Ajax_Gaz

Shut up Legs!
Very nice Phil. Well done on the ride too, it does take some getting used to (I commute on the mtb) but the differences are huge. Enjoy!

OP
OP
philinmerthyr

philinmerthyr

Über Member
3 rides in and I'm getting used to the bike, got the fit just about right. My local rides around the hills of Merthyr Tydfil should push up my fitness. Pushing the gears is harder than on my MTB but that's a good thing.

My average is a couple of MPH faster. My hour long evening ride took 47 mins tonight so I'll need to find a longer ride.

Planning to extend my longest ride beyond 30 miles on Saturday.

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
View attachment 14057

Planning another ride in the morning but again I only have a couple of hours and I'm off to Leicester to watch the Ospreys beat the Tigers in the Heineken cup rugby on Sunday so riding will be limited this weekend.

Any chance of buying another one in early January next year?
:tongue:

Top Bottom