my new top is working

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

buggi

Bird Saviour
i've got a new commute to start down a long 10 mile single lane quite fast road, so i've brought a hi vis flourescent jersey from Corinne Dennis. i can't believe the difference it makes! i mean, i've worn hi vis stuff before but this top makes me look radioactive, and the cars must think i am because they are taking a really wide berth. i've worn it out twice and both times i haven't had any close calls (including big trucks which are behaving themselves). i'm really impressed so i thought i'd just let you commuters know about it, which is why i've mentioned it in here and not clothing (although it is in there too)

thomas

the tank engine
You have a picture of the top? It just a standard thing, or an actual cycling top?

RedBike

Hi viz tops do work, in so much as they do seem to attract drivers attention.

Although, controversially I found mine had the opposite effect. It seemed to make drivers become even more desperate to pass me!

I'm all in favour of them in dark / low light conditions but during the day I think it's ironically somewhat safer not to wear them!

theboytaylor

As the mornings and evenings are getting lighter I've found that at dawn/dusk, fluorescent tops with hi-viz/reflective stripes are really effective.

They're not so effective either in broad daylight or at night, lights and more reflective stuff being the only solution for the latter.

Just my opinion mind...:ohmy:

snapper_37

Barbara Woodhouse's Love Child
I've had more close calls wearing an altura night vision than I have in my (now cos the weather's nice) black jersey. Maybe it was a light thing. :ohmy:

snakehips

I was given a bright green '1 less car' vest with a reflective yellow strip on it today. Very tasteful.
Somebody obviously cares for me !

snakehips.jpg

Snakehips Bikes

OP
OP
buggi

buggi

Bird Saviour
thomas said:
You have a picture of the top? It just a standard thing, or an actual cycling top?

here it is (scroll down when you open the link... men's is at the bottom). it doesn't look bright on the page, just a normal yellow, but it is radioactive when you open the parcel (more like that yellow with a green flourescent tinge to it). they do a short sleeve version too. i ordered both so i had one for autumn/spring days and one for summer. it's really comfortable to wear

http://www.corinnedennis.co.uk/long-sleeve-tops.html

Maz

Guru
My P-O-L-I-T-E hi-viz works wonders and always makes me laugh how much extra berth cars will give me!

thomas

the tank engine
MacBludgeon said:
just looked at them and the mens XXL is a 38inch waist, do these people reside on the same planet as I do?

My cycling gear is like a xxxxxxl just because the sizing was really screwed up with the stuff I bought. A medium would just have fitted a 10 year old kid.:thumbsup:

Top Bottom