My Peloton bike experience 2 weeks in - ONE Year update

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
G

gzoom

Über Member
2 months in now, am using it nearly every day, sometimes twice a day. Currently am trying to force my self to take rest days as my legs are pretty fatigued. More amazingly my wife has used it just as much as me, maybe even more as she does the 'soft' stuff like Yoga and stretches etc.

51317422845_4bb2e57080_c_d.jpg

For me Peloton have hit the perfect balance of been entertaining but also make you want to do some proper exercise. Than there is marketing stuff, like doing a 'live' session with Usain Bolt....along with nearly 5000 others.

It's all a bit of fun, which is great as you don't even realise how much actual exercise you have done.

If I even half enjoyed running I would be getting a Tread as well, but I hate running so will be sticking to just the bike.

51313702671_f7a0007b56_c_d.jpg

51312960367_8606671433_c_d.jpg

OP
OP
G

gzoom

Über Member
Just over 12 months now since getting the Peloton bike, is been an very interesting experience. For first 6 months all I did was the bike programs, really enjoyed them, my resting HR dropped to 40, but what I didn't realise I was eatting like a pig and by Xmas had hit 77kg which the heaviest I've been for a while, so something had to change!

52102098601_dd8fa1e1f7_c_d.jpg

I did some reading around and shifted my focus on Peloton to strength classes, the bike was still used but strength classes are much less demanding and essentially meant I could do something almost every day vs only two/three times a week on the bike.

52102604680_ca42bc0958_c_d.jpg

I also cut down on the junk food, the weight soon started to fall off, and right now at under 70kg am the lightest I've been ever as an adult. I had my 40th birthday this year, and below is what my physic is like right now at 40 vs when I was 37, just before the pandemic hit :smile:.

Am still aiming to loss another kg or so, and get my body fat % down a tad more, but Peloton has literally changed me (physically). It's the best £39/month we spend as a family!

52098315139_5c373bb98f_c_d.jpg

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
well done
my gym consists of 2 sets of dumbells and the kids swing for pull ups, i do have a folding total gym that i use when the weather too crap to go outside.Commute to work 10 miles each way .
In the last month i have lost 6lbs .

Top Bottom