My Ride today...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yenrod

Went out today -as usual, but wanted to check out this Creamfields thing thats moved to Daresbury but its closer to Warrington.

Anyway, on the way got lost but got found due to some friendly teenagers.

Anyhow, went past some bloke aged around 50....looked wrecked, iPod on jogging.

Anyhow I was way ahead of him and seen a railway line and a big sign CYCLISTS/HORSERIDERS DISMOUNT I was rapidly trying to work out how to work the gate as the bloke was coming up fast, worked the gate out and said to the bloke as I opened the 1st gate 'dont worry i'll shut the far one too' so he could get on his way as i' was on the bike and me being nice and that...

So he got on his way and thanked me ;)

But then after a while, a few corners, met a hill that was REALLY REALLY steep for the area as i've never rode in that area but around there but didnt know of this hill, anyhow it was a 1st gear job - suppose racing I could have done it on a 42-18/17 at an absolute push but most normal people would of done it in a general gear around 42-25 +...the point being this bloke jogging ran up it like it didnt exist and it wasnt short either: i was floored - on the flat he looked wrecked, at the end of his energy..after i'd got up it I stopped on a 'new office estate' by a motorway roundabout and he came past and I was talking with him while he ran..turns out he does it regular and the route was a lot longer that just that hill.

I hope I can do the equivelant of that bloke when i'm that age.

Top Bottom