My thread removed by Bikeradar

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Danny

Legendary Member
I had been taking the complaints about censorship on bikeradar with a pinch of salt.

Now I find that a thread I initiated has been removed on the grounds that it was SPAM.

http://www.bikeradar.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=14535357#14535357

Admittedly the title "This site is pants" was a little on the provocative side, but it did attract a lot of supportive comments

I have pointed out to bikeradar that removing critical posts is no way to win hearts and minds.

I've posted something there that might elicit a response. :?:

Arch

Married to Night Train
I have to say, this:

"And the last thing you can say is we ignore/avoid or cant take criticism"

...doesn't fit with some of the stuff I've heard here over the last week...

I'm sure they must be annoyed that we haven't all rolled over in delight and let them tickle our tummies with the new forum, but maybe they should have done a bit more pre-merge consulation?

OP
OP
Danny

Danny

Legendary Member
alecstilleyedye said:
if pants gets flagged by the swearword filter, no wonder most of us as over here :?:
It was actually deemed to be "non constructive" by their moderator.

All I can say is my comments were a lot more constructive than some of those posted on bikeradar.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
Arch said:
I have to say, this:

"And the last thing you can say is we ignore/avoid or cant take criticism"

...doesn't fit with some of the stuff I've heard here over the last week...

I'm sure they must be annoyed that we haven't all rolled over in delight and let them tickle our tummies with the new forum, but maybe they should have done a bit more pre-merge consulation?

had the whole thing been properly managed, users consulted etc and so forth then the technical issues would have been a mere sideshow with a bit of gentle urine extraction going on. we are the forum, just as the fans are the football club. unlike football fans though, when the club treats them shoddily they can't go elsewhere, we could and did.

Cab

Looks to me like you have to bend over backwards being nice to them in your criticisms before they fail to snap back at you (as I think my own thread in their office section shows).

habibi

BikeRadar is a disaster.

You have to laugh at Future overlords such as Gavin Weeks coming out with "A topic name like that doesn't gain a lot of credibility". The way they have implemented their new revenue making forum has zero credibility.

Their oversensitivity belies a barely concealed contempt directed at the understandably critical forum users.

It's basically saying.. "After all we've done for you, you ungrateful minions..."

What a joke

habibi said:
Their oversensitivity belies a barely concealed contempt directed at the understandably critical forum users.

Hmm.........I think that underneath it is a lot of worry that the new forum will not generate the activity and the advertising revenue that they are looking forward to. I thought it was a good idea at the time, but in retrospect it was a bit like trying to merge Liverpool and Manchester United on the assumption that you'd keep the merged fan base. I must admit that I hadn't realised quite how many of the MTBers are thick and aggressive.

Cab

Patrick Stevens said:
I must admit that I hadn't realised quite how many of the MTBers are thick and aggressive.

They aren't ALL bad of course. But enough of them seem to be to make the place less appealing.

habibi

Patrick Stevens said:
I think that underneath it is a lot of worry that the new forum will not generate the activity and the advertising revenue that they are looking forward to.

Indeed that's true. And with this worry, their patience with criticism has been thin and oversensitive into the bargain.. and i think this gives way to contempt. We've not seen anything yet.

And

Fun sponge
Patrick Stevens said:
I must admit that I hadn't realised quite how many of the MTBers are thick and aggressive.

I'd just like to point out I am thick and agressive when I ride my road bike too. So there. :?:

Top Bottom