My Trice LIVES!!!!!!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BlackPanther

Hyper-Fast Recumbent Riding Member.
Oh yes, I am a happy chappie.

Just finished swapping over the cruciform. New kingpin and steering bearings, new track rod ends, new brake and gear cables, new chain, new chain tube brackets, new hand grips, and cleaned out the drum brakes and did the tracking.
Gotta say, I luckily had everything in the garage, even a spare q/r rubber when the one of the steering q/r rubbers failed. Yes there were a few 2 steps forward, one step back moments, worst being when I fitted the wheel mounts backwards, so the track rod bracket was at the front, doh. Anyway, all done, hoping the rain dies off tomorrow so I can get a quick test ride in before Monday's commute. This has been by far the most complex, out of my comfort zone biking diy job I've undertaken, and now I know that if I can ever afford a new trike, then I'll be o.k. building it up out of the box. It's also shown me just how many things I should've checked when I've bought a 2nd hand trike. Never even checked the tracking on a trike before today! Started at 10.00, finished at 16.30.

So here's a before pic, a tools used pic, and the finished pic. Look how shiny she is!

Btw, if anyone has a home build project, and could use/fix the broken cruciform, they're welcome To have it.

image_zps3vartclm.jpe

image_zps2gsxtk7a.jpe
image_zpsgvu7vubd.jpe

Last edited:

numbnuts

Legendary Member
Well done enjoy again

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
That is excellent ! :bravo: A great achievement and I can hear your personal "chuff-o-meter" going sky-high ! ^_^

Justifiably. :wahhey:

Enjoy riding and don't be too concerned with any little noises ... :giggle:

Wobbly John

Veteran
Good to see the Trice resurected.

I'd be interested in the old frame. Would you be willing to post it? (I've posted a Trice frame I repaired back to it's owner in the past).

OP
OP
BlackPanther

BlackPanther

Hyper-Fast Recumbent Riding Member.
Good to see the Trice resurected.

I'd be interested in the old frame. Would you be willing to post it? (I've posted a Trice frame I repaired back to it's owner in the past).

Could do, or I'm in Doncaster if you're ever passing. Really don't want to skip it if you can make use of it.

Wobbly John

Veteran
Could do, or I'm in Doncaster if you're ever passing. Really don't want to skip it if you can make use of it.
I'm in the Fens and rarely venture that far North these days. It shouldn't be too difficult to design a new, steel rear end and weld to the remains of the cruciform.

starhawk

Nice to see a relative lives again (I have a Trice Q):smile:

Top Bottom