Mystery donated racing bikes...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
W've just had a couple of fresh bikes donated, which are of rather higher quality than usual. Not being a racing cyclist don't know where to start identifying them, beyond a vague idea that they are generally considered good brands. Does anyone have any ideas what they are and how I can find out more?

20230105_133824.jpg

20230105_133816.jpg

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Very nice - the Faggin is more desirable ! Bit of a mix and Match going on but likely from Early 90's some of it - Shimano 600 Tricolour rear mech.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
The Faggin is nice, Italian. Bit of a farm gate, XL, so you need to around 6'3 or over to ride it. Are there many tall racing enthusiast Germans?
I think the Centurion is more of a wannabe racer from what I can remember about the brand, but more modern. Size is opposite end of the scale. That RD isn't sitting right.

Last edited:

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
Very nice - the Faggin is more desirable ! Bit of a mix and Match going on but likely from Early 90's some of it - Shimano 600 Tricolour rear mech.

Their website is interesting - fagginbikes.com/en - there's even one bike shown with a seat-cluster lug incorporating the stays, like Andy's one above.

tom73

Guru
Nice, the top one with up to date parts you'd think it was a "retro" remake.
It's on trend for sure sadly the size makes it a limited market. The other less so but should catch the eye of a few buyers.
Who ever owned them you have to question the taste in bottle cagers and as for the bar tape :wacko:
Good luck turning them around and selling them.

Top Bottom