N+1 !!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
New Bike !!!!

Yes i fell under the spell on n+1 ...

Guy on bike radar had a carrera vanquish for sale, rode it a few times and he did not like it as he preferred a MTB

In the shop £500

Cash £250

Its a medium so i will need to put a shorter stem on it but its so much better than my apollo tdf 02

* Frame Material: 7005 Aluminium
* Suspension: Rigid
* Frame Size (cm): 51 - 54
* Brake Type: Dual Pivot Caliper Brake
* Chainset: Truvativ Tour Compact
* Forks: Lightweight carbon fibre fork with alloy steerer
* Frame Colour: Black and Red
* Frame-: Lightweight double butted 7005 semi compact Aluminium
* Front Brake: Shimano Tiagra Lever, Tektro R720 dual pivot caliper
* Front Mech: Shimano Sora
* Gear Shifters: Shimano Tiagra 18 Speed
* Handle Bars: Kalloy Alloy Oversize 31.8mm drop
* Headset: Semi Integrated Ahead Set
* Hubs: Shimano WHR500 Wheelset
* Number of Gears: 18
* Pedals: Black resin with Toe Clips
* Rear Brake: Shimano Tiagra Lever, Tektro R720 dual pivot caliper
* Rear Mech: Shimano Sora
* Rear Shock: N/A
* Rims: Shimano WHR500 Wheelset
* Saddle: Carrera
* Seatpost: Kalloy Alloy 27.2mm
* Stem: Kalloy Alloy oversize 31.8mm
* Tyre size: 700 x 23C
* Tyres: Continental Ultra Sport
* Wheel size: 700c

Always nice to get a new bike.Im expecting a delivery very soon.:biggrin:

upsidedown

Waiting for the great leap forward
Went inti Leisure Lakes last weekend for a new seatpost, left with a Cube hybrid from the second hand section.
Car boot this morning, left with a Pashley unicycle, i suppose a unicycle was the only thing i could truthfully say i hadn't already got.

Nice bike by the way.

Vincealot

I bought a Carrera Vanquish 2nd had last month. Its the model before yours. Difference between mine and yours is as follows

• Tiagra front and rear with Tiagra STI gears
  • Scwalbe Stelvio Tyres
  • Bontrager X lite Ace Carbon seatpost
  • All black gloss finish
  • And think the wheel rims are different
  • Bike Hut SPD Pedals (I don't reccomend these)
I didnt pay that much more then you. I love riding it. Made such a difference to my commute. It's my first road bike so can't compare it to anything else.

I'm thinking of joining a local Cycle club and hoping I'm not looked down upon because my bike isnt a Specialized, Trek, Giant, Merida, Look, Cube or something of similar branding.

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

New Bike !!

Just need to get a shorter stem as it is a bit on the big size but very ride-able, anyone know a good cheap oversize stem ?,probably looking for 80 mm or smaller .

Only reason i bought this is because i am back on shifts soon after a long time of short time and needed a treat , and at that price i figured if it does turn out to be to big ( i did test ride but you can never tell till you ride it a lot) i can get my money back on here or flea bay.

I have already put my mtb spds on as it is what i had on old bike and i do have a good trek to changing rooms at work

02GF74

Über Member
cyberknight said:
Yes i fell under the spell on n+1 ...

blah blah blah ....

you must resist those ebay baragains. :girl:

doesn't look too bada setup-wise but then the top tube is sloping.

have you gone on the bike sizing charts to see how you measure up - just wondering if it is really too big or you just not being used to the new posisition.

for medium frame, you should be around the 5 ft 10 mark, give or take a couple of inches, at a guess.

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

.After much measuring i have discovered that although i can get the seat far enough forward and the reach to the middle of the stem/handlebar is ok the hoods are further away !!, it must be a longer reach bar.

Looking for an 80 mm oversized stem that should make all the dimensions the same as old bike to ride.

Top Bottom