narrowed my new ride down.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ward-c

ok, after much research and an extended budget as i didnt want to buy rubbish that would require upgrading in a few months, i got the choice of- bianchi via nirone 7 campag, trek 1.5, and spesh allez elite. bianchi sexiest, trek nearby dealer, spesh 2nd hand and cheaper but doesnt float my boat. help!!!

I'd go for the Bianchi, thats might just be me though. What groupsets are on the bikes? I prefer a campy groupset over a sora (especially the hoods, which are much more comfortable on a long ride) above sora IMO Shimano/Campy is much of a muchness. If you can, try the bikes out and see what feels best/ most comfortable.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
As above, groupset makes a big difference, i personally didn't like the campy stuff, found it much more comfortable to use the shimano system for changing gears.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Have you tried any of the bikes? They all ride different so would be best to try before you buy. By the looks of things you are set on the Bianchi.

OP
OP
W

ward-c

trek i.5 has 105 but dont think its worth the extra. nearly every bianchi i see for sale locally and 2nd hand is too small for some strange reason?? ebay ok but want to buy locally and make sure its not a stolen bike. if anyone has a likely steed they want shut of they think might float my boat let me know. am 6 foot 2 and budget is 500-700. i live in leeds west yorkshire. cant post in classifieds as new member, many thanks all.

jay clock

Massive member
I must say I fins the rubber hoods on a Campag lever I tried looked really cheap compared with Shimano.... but Bianchi looks nice. A bit like an Alfa versus a BMW

OP
OP
W

ward-c

yeah and you tend to find bianchis usually have campag. does put me off a little.

OP
OP
W

ward-c

...never thought of that-bianchi italian like an alfa, therefore it will fall to pieces!xx( am a complete techno zombie-can someone tell me how to put someones quote in a reply??!

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
bianchi+vogue+1.jpg

BigEvo

I purchased a Bianchi Xenon (all campag kit / compact double) from my LBS after over 20 years away from cycling. Fantastic bike. I have only managed to get approx 200 miles in this year, but have enjoyed everyone one of them (uphill and down). Its comfortable, easy to ride and up to now, nothing has fallen off (not even me). My advice would be to get the Bianchi you wont regret it.

Chrisc

Guru
I've been looking for ages and waiting for work to set up C2W but now they've decided not to bother I'm going to get my own bike anyway.
Over the last few days I've been doing the same as you, bianchi via nirone, trek 1.5, scott speedster 30, etc etc.
Have decided on the Via Nirone as its the best looking thing on two wheels Ive seen so now it's between the white/red tiagra and the white/celeste xenon.
Have to say, despite the opinions of many on here that I love that white/celeste option so it depends whether I feel comfier with the campy or shimano shifters when I finally test it.
Interested to hear what you finally go for.

Top Bottom