National 10

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oldroadman

Veteran
Who is a nice enough feller, and good on him. But which also shows the complete futility of fixed distance TTs. What a waste of talent.

oldroadman

Veteran
Highly talented riders riding TTs, when they could be actually riding proper races instead of bashing up and down roads in a very insular and British scene. Fine if that's what you want to do, but when you see such talents used in pursuit of being the fastest rider on a fxed dsitance course usually picked for being"fast" - i.e. traffic, it's hardly a race of truth. Better the ability went into pursuiting or road racing, where GB is not doing so badly at the moment...

So you don't like TTs and I agree they are an acquired taste. But I still don't get the 'futility' bit - it patently is not futile....

gds58

Über Member
Highly talented riders riding TTs, when they could be actually riding proper races instead of bashing up and down roads in a very insular and British scene. Fine if that's what you want to do, but when you see such talents used in pursuit of being the fastest rider on a fxed dsitance course usually picked for being"fast" - i.e. traffic, it's hardly a race of truth. Better the ability went into pursuiting or road racing, where GB is not doing so badly at the moment...
You clearly do not know the course used for this years 'National 10' which was anything but a 'Fast' course. It was very technical with several twists and turns and is NOT laden with traffic.
Facts before comments - always good!

Top Bottom