Navigation error.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
During my summer cycling tour along the Loire I cycled onto an island in the Loire and instantly forgot about the topography of islands and navigated by keeping the water to my right. Having thought that I'd been pedalling for a long time and one or two places looked familiar, perhaps through being there the year before, the penny finally dropped and I realised that I'd done two laps of the b100dy thing just after I'd completed the second lap. I'd wondered why I got some funny looks from some of the locals in their front yards/gardedn as I bowled past for the second time without realising it.

Must drink less wine the night before and pay more attention in future....

Must write up my ride sometime too.

Can anyone rival this act of stupidity?

The wife and I and a mutual friend were walking the canals between London and Brum. where there was no public transport between points, I would drop off the girls and drive up to the next point and walk back towards them, telling them where the car was parked and giving them the keys as we passed by. It worked well; till one day after three hours walking, it dawned on me that instead of walking towards the girls I was walking away from them. I will not repeat what they said about males getting lost on canals.

Top Bottom