nearly got doored today!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

buggi

Bird Saviour
Feck! on the new bike too!!!!

lucky for me i was far enough away to do a maneouvre but the guy didn't even check coz he just swung his door way open. my language was blue and if i'd been 1 second earlier I wouldn't have made it.

Saddle bum

Über Member
Did you give him a slap?

longers

Legendary Member
How fast were you going Buggi?

I had one the other week going uphill at about 12 mph but it was still a worry. I was out of doorline ie riding in the right part of the road but if I hadn't been she'd have had me off. I didn't stop but explained loudly that she should use her mirrors properly. No effect on her as her bovine expression didn't change one bit.

I will slap the door with left hand next time - cheers T! ;)

OP
OP
buggi

buggi

Bird Saviour
longers said:
How fast were you going Buggi?

I had one the other week going uphill at about 12 mph but it was still a worry. I was out of doorline ie riding in the right part of the road but if I hadn't been she'd have had me off. I didn't stop but explained loudly that she should use her mirrors properly. No effect on her as her bovine expression didn't change one bit.

I will slap the door with left hand next time - cheers T! ;)

i dunno, but faster than my average, as i was just coming off a slight downhill on to flat so i would say about 23mph. if i had slapped the door i would have fetched myself off.

don't think he looked at all coz he was on a main road and i was surprised he open it fully because of passing traffic anyway. luckily, like i said, i was far enuf back to do some maneouvering and had actually only just looked behind me to see what was there as i was gonna pass the line of cars and move out slightly anyway. i think the car behind saw me look and had slowed down, but because of my speed coming off the hill, if i'd been one second later or the car behind had been beside me so i had nowhere to go he would have had me.

tosser.

Shaun

Founder
Bloody hell ... thank god the new bike is okay!!!!

Oh, and you too buggi ... ;):biggrin::biggrin:

Top Bottom