Nearly jacknifed my truck last night!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
There wasn't much ice about when I got to work yesterday afternoon. But about 100 yards of the entry road to the first roundabout I came to were coated in black ice. I touched the brakes and the tractor unit began to slide sideways while the trailer went straight on. I steered into the skid but it wasn't very effective. I could see that there was an ice free lane on the roundabout, so once my driving wheels hit tarmac, I gave it some throttle and the whole thing straightened out. It was actually quite fun, but I was careful not to do it again!

There wasn't much ice about when I got to work yesterday afternoon. But about 100 yards of the entry road to the first roundabout I came to were coated in black ice. I touched the brakes and the tractor unit began to slide sideways while the trailer went straight on. I steered into the skid but it wasn't very effective. I could see that there was an ice free lane on the roundabout, so once my driving wheels hit tarmac, I gave it some throttle and the whole thing straightened out. It was actually quite fun, but I was careful not to do it again!

Top Bottom