Neat onboard speaker system - what do you think?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MajorMantra

Apologies if this has already been posted but I couldn't find it with a search. This was featured on Bikesnob a few days ago:

http://www.audiobike.com/index.html

I'm usually very sceptical about apparent gimmicks like this but I thought this was rather neat. The speakers look a bit small so I can't imagine the sound quality would be terribly good. Still, they're surprisingly cheap although not yet actually available.

The other thing I don't like the look of is the rather primitive mount for the mp3 player but I'm sure that could be bodged or improved. Anyone tempted?:biggrin:

Matthew

Bigtwin

Spose it could be a plus for long boring solo rides/touring. Or to really annoy people you're riding with. Bet "tinny" doesn't being to describe it though.

Web site is poo:

"STEP #3
Trim off the ends of the fasteners. A nail clipper will give you’re a close cut."

Guess for £20 it's not bad.

Dan B

Disengaged member
Or you could make one more like this
1428758479_e982be52ea.jpg

Cost a bit more than £20 tho

Dan B

Disengaged member
It can compete on volume (and probably win) - it uses a car head unit and a 2kW(sic) car amp, and those are proper PA speakers in real enclosures, so a good deal more efficient than the stuff you get in cars. It doesn't go quite as fast, though :-(

Bigtwin

Just put it on a loop of endless cheerful greetings to ward off those people who accuse you of being a miserable git if you don't keep saying hello to all and sundry every 2 mins....

Top Bottom