Neck pain

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kris Fraser

Regular
Hi guys,

Just bought a carrera subway 22" (as im 6"5) a couple of weeks ago, and am experiencing neck pain, Unfortunately the subway doesnt have adjustable stem, which I think is forcing me to look up more.

Doe anyone have any advice around what stem would be compatible with my bike? Is there alot of difference in terms of quality, of is it just down to how much it weighs? I dont want to spend mega bucks on it

Any help would be appreciated :smile:

Ernie_RBR

There are loads of stem out there, My advice would be to get yourself down to your local bike shop and get a bike fit it will cost a few extra bucks but its well worth it.

Below is a link of how many stems are out there.. Hope this helps
http://www.wiggle.co.uk/stems/?utm_...dgroup=Stems&gclid=CNet2Lepo70CFTCWtAodxgsA9g

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Hi guys,

Just bought a carrera subway 22" (as im 6"5) a couple of weeks ago, and am experiencing neck pain, Unfortunately the subway doesnt have adjustable stem, which I think is forcing me to look up more.

Doe anyone have any advice around what stem would be compatible with my bike? Is there alot of difference in terms of quality, of is it just down to how much it weighs? I dont want to spend mega bucks on it

Any help would be appreciated :smile:
You can also get stem extenders not sure how good they are though:welcome:

OP
OP
Kris Fraser

Kris Fraser

Regular
Thanks for the advice guys. Just bought an adjustable stem which fingers crossed will solve the problem, if not it will have to get a raised handlebar as well!

Top Bottom