Need a comfortable road saddle, any recommendations??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Presently I'm using a Fizik Arione Saddle, which is well made etc. However, as I have a groin problem, I need a road saddle which offers max comfort!

jay clock

Massive member
I know the "rules" amongst road bikers that saddles have to be hard to maximise power transfer bla bla bla, but I just find them uncomfortable. And the rules are slightly ruined when the same riders have a Pamperesque pad in their shorts.

I have one of these http://www.cyclesense.co.uk/products.php?plid=m35b0s82p519 and having just googled it to check the model have decided to order another because they are half price. Very comfy indeed. And not too wide so it looks ok to your fellow riders who think narrow is good!

Randochap

Senior hunter
Nicensleazy said:
Presently I'm using a Fizik Arione Saddle, which is well made etc. However, as I have a groin problem, I need a road saddle which offers max comfort!

Saddle advice is the single most dodgy area to recommend in bicycle kit, especially to someone who says they "have a groin problem."

I get along with Selle Italia and most Brooks. But that has no bearing whatsoever on what might work for you. All I can say is that, as a marathon cyclist, saddle choice is very important to me. I like to be able to, er, function, after a 600 km ride.

Any decent bike shop should let you try out a saddle for a day or two, and if it doesn't make friendly, let you return it to try another.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Nicensleazy said:
Not sure how a brooks will look on a Pinarello! :evil:

If anyone can see your saddle when you're sat on it I'd be amazed. Why put fashion over comfort?

wyno70

I've tried a few and have settled on a Specialized Toupé. Horses for courses though, you'll just have to shop around till you find one that suits I'm afraid!

colly

Re member eR
Well I hope all the glowing reports of the Specialized Toupe are correct 'cos I've got on the way for chrissy.

Top Bottom