Need a favour

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gixxerman

Guru
I have some LIDL sunglasses that are great value.
However, I have lost one of the rubber ends that fit behind my ears.
The glue softened in the heat and it fell off.
It seems a shame to bin them simply because of this.
Has anyone got some broken / redundant glasses that they can canablise to sell / give me a rubber end?

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
How about gluing a small piece of old inner tube in its place?

jethro10

Über Member
I had a similar problem with the bridge off a pair of glasses
I smothered it in black silicone, then used a sharp modeling knife blade to trim it to shape. works great

Jeff

Alembicbassman

Confused.com
The Lidl/Aldi glasses come round every few months, the same ones sometimes appear in the ski clothing promo. Use some insulation tape until then.

italiafirenze

World's Greatest Spy
I say throw them away and keep the world economy turning for just a day or two more by purchasing a new pair. They were engineered to break, it's their destiny, let them have it.

zacklaws

Guru
I've gone through quite a few pairs of Lidl and Aldi glasses that have fallen apart and lost the bits and come to the impression eventually that they are junk, wind gets in your eyes along with dust and flies as well. I used to buy three pairs at a time, so that I did not have to change the lenses every time. But since someone metioned on the forum about Rayzor sunglasses, I bought a set off ebay, tried them and was impressed, resulting in buying three pairs of different lenses.

Top Bottom