Need advice whether to buy this road bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kasioris5

Regular
Hey, I just want to ask is this a good deal? It has all sora components, i don't know the brand and the weight but guessing from all around look this bike is great for 130 euros or 150$.
plentinukas (4).jpg
plentinukas (3).jpg
plentinukas (2).jpg
plentinukas (1).jpg
plentinukas.jpg

Sharky

Guru
Are those QR's the right way round?

gbb

Legendary Member
They look like Sora 8 speed shifters ok but my rear derailleur didnt look like that...is it Sora ?
Circa £100 ?...pay close attention to the following...
Spin the wheels...are they true and no wobbles. Is there any graunchiness about them, do they spin well. Finger and thumb round the tyres at the top and feel for sideways play in the hub. If everything is smooth an no play...great.
A quick ride, do the gears all shift cleanly, click through each one as you ride.
Pay attention to the crankset as you ride it...any graunchiness. ?
Close look at the chainrings...sharks teeth indicate theyre worn. If you're not sure, pay close attention to the other one and compare the profiles.
Flip the frame over and have a close look at the welds, particually round the BB, look for any cracks.

Sounds a lot to take in, but you can do all that in 5 minutes.

If it all works ok, £100 ish seems ok.

Reactions: mjr

Sharky

Guru
Where are you based? The watermark on the photos is from a .IT website (Italian) and also noticed that the brakes are cabled opposite to the UK - the front brake is on the left.

vickster

Legendary Member
Where are you based? The watermark on the photos is from a .IT website (Italian) and also noticed that the brakes are cabled opposite to the UK - the front brake is on the left.
He's quoted the price first in Euros so he may well be in Italy

I like the colour scheme of the bike, if in decent condition following gbb's advice above, for that price, the lady she say 'Si'!

OP
OP
K

kasioris5

Regular
In terms of size, this bike is perfect for me. It's 54cm and i'm 6'0 so it fits my height perfectly.

vickster

Legendary Member
Depending on which bit you are measuring...if the effective top tube, I'd say it could perhaps be a bit small but only you can tell by riding it, we are all different in proportions, height alone is not a great indicator

Top Bottom