needing a waz...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

roadiewill

what do the pros do when they desperately need a widdle whilst on a race? Surely they must get this problem, seeing as they drink a fair bit and cycle for 5 hours or so without stopping? Are they just strong bladdered... :smile:

yes..I do have too much time on my hands to think about this, but Ive finished my exams ok!

Skip Madness

Well in road stages, there is usually a toilet stop organised around halfway through the stage, where everyone gets off and goes by the side of the road. If a rider needs to go at another time, sometimes they will move to the side of a quiet section of the road (usually with a team-mate or two in front of them) and sort of half cock their leg over and spray while in motion if they don't want to stop and have to chase back as much.

I have absolutely no idea what the women do should the same situation arise.

walker

mostly they would just stop at the side fo the road and let it out.

Some riders actually pull it out (the men) and do it while in the saddle although I've only ever seen it done once or twice.

If you watch stage races you will sometimes see a huge group of riders stopping, sometimes around 30-40 riders

yenrod

Skip Madness said:
Well in road stages, there is usually a toilet stop organised around halfway through the stage, where everyone gets off and goes by the side of the road. If a rider needs to go at another time, sometimes they will move to the side of a quiet section of the road (usually with a team-mate or two in front of them) and sort of half cock their leg over and spray while in motion if they don't want to stop and have to chase back as much.

I have absolutely no idea what the women do should the same situation arise.

I can't "cock my leg over and spray while in motion" - :smile:

CJ87

I've often wondered about this when it comes to formula one, apparently those good looking millionaires just pee themselves in the car, I guess cocking your leg over whilst in motion is slightly more dignified that that!

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
CJ87 said:
I've often wondered about this when it comes to formula one, apparently those good looking millionaires just pee themselves in the car, I guess cocking your leg over whilst in motion is slightly more dignified that that!

nelson piquet snr was notorious for it…

mondobongo

Über Member
Picture of Rob Hayles in action.

Paula Radcliffe in last years London Marathon coped very well and very elegantly if that is possible! I have found that necessity is the mother of invention but if the need follows a good night when the senses at last say go and go you must, avoid the event in action - so uncomfortable after! Fantastic pic of Rob Hayles.

Top Bottom