Nemisis hill

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PK99

Legendary Member
delphi said:
That is the one. I actually feel nervous approaching it! I tried going round the park in the opposite direction and it was too easy.

I'm not sure 5 time between the roundabouts sounds that doable at the moment but I guess it will come!

when we started riding (?12 years ago?) we could not get up the damn thing!

But be warned once you can get up, it never gets any easier - as the fitter you get the faster you go and the pain is the same!

OP
OP
D

delphi

PK99 said:
when we started riding (?12 years ago?) we could not get up the damn thing!

But be warned once you can get up, it never gets any easier - as the fitter you get the faster you go and the pain is the same!

Depressing! But I'll keep at it. If I can do that faster and faster by next year maybe London to Paris won't seem so daunting. I'm sure that there are some evil hills on that ride

Matthames

Über Member
The way I have found to deal with hills is to drop down to a low gear and spin. There was one ride I did with what I reckon was about 30-40kg of luggage up a hill with an average of 3% gradient which peaked to 10% in a few places, some cars struggled up this thing. This was up hill climb for at least 4 miles, a couple of days later I had to tackle it twice (I forgot me wallet so had to go back and get it). The people I was camping with were amazed at this feat. Coming back the other way with the same amount of luggage was a little bit interesting to say the least :hyper:

Top Bottom