Nesting

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Well, we have another child on the way and Mrs Sleazy has gone into nesting mode. The child is due in July, but already she's looking at various paints for the new arrivals bedroom, shelving and wardrobe space. Now she's putting her plans into action, which of course involves me. Do this and do that.........looking forward to getting back to work for a rest. Anyother guys on this forum experienced the same.

arron23

hiya me and my wife are expecting again and are due end of july luckly our other 1 is only 8months so no nesting to do this time i hope lol but lasttime o how i remember the nesting lol im just glad we close to a b+q and argos.

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
oh, you have my sympathies, after the second I swore I'd never experience another 9 months like that again, we have 3:biggrin: Just accept that no matter how good, considerate and humble you are, you'll always be in the wrong:evil:

Congratulations

Chrisz

Über Member
Congratulations mate - just keep an eye on what she buys!!

When we had our little girl the wife used to buy all sorts of stuff - half of which we never even used. Then there's the suitcase that had to go everywhere - nappies, baby wipes, spare outfits, spare bottles, spare formula etc. etc. etc. (at least half of which never ever saw the light of day)

A shopping trip to Bluewater would become similar to an expedition up the Amazon!

All worth it though - our little one is 2 & 1/2 now and a real bundle of joy :biggrin:

When our first was due, Mrs B was hospitalised for the best part of the 2 months before the birth, so I had to decide the nursery furnishings, paint etc by myself to a large degree. First time she got to see it (pre-digital camera days all this) was when I brought her and my firstborn home. I felt quite pleased and relieved that she liked it.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
with the second you realize what stuff you bought but didn't need (bottle warmer for example, takes 5 minutes to achieve what the microwave can do in 20 seconds), and you'll be less precious with them too. our third, at a recent kids' party, was the only 2 year old up moshing with the older kids while the first-child kids of similar age were as unkeen to let go of mum as mum was to let go of them.

first-time mums take all bar the kitchen sink when going out, second-time mums know which stuff to take and which to leave (from experience), third-time (and beyond) mums put a nappy, travel wipes and bottle in their handbags.

Maz

Guru
Congratulations, 'sleazy! You'll get used to it.
Ditto for arran23!

Chrisz

Über Member
alecstilleyedye said:
third-time (and beyond) mums put a nappy, travel wipes and bottle in their handbags.

And first time daddys :cheers::biggrin: Got into trouble for that a few times!! (Wasn't helped by the fact that it was her first outing with just me and we went to a car show/drag race) :bicycle:

Gotte

Oh lucky man. We found out around this time a couple of years ago that we were going to have our second child. I don;t actually think I've sat down with so much as a cup of tea since. Well that's not true, I have a very cushy life, but it does sometimes feel like it. I imagine your Sunday morning rides will be a thing of the past for a long time, so I'd make the most of them. About the only way I could get any cycling in was to strap a child seat on the back of my hack. Well, that and to go away on tour for a week each year with a friend. And much as I love my wife and children dearly, I do live for those tours...
Anyway, I imagined you'd be talking Italian by now...

papercorn2000

alecstilleyedye said:
with the second you realize what stuff you bought but didn't need (bottle warmer for example, takes 5 minutes to achieve what the microwave can do in 20 seconds), and you'll be less precious with them too. our third, at a recent kids' party, was the only 2 year old up moshing with the older kids while the first-child kids of similar age were as unkeen to let go of mum as mum was to let go of them.

first-time mums take all bar the kitchen sink when going out, second-time mums know which stuff to take and which to leave (from experience), third-time (and beyond) mums put a nappy, travel wipes and bottle in their handbags.
:smile:
I was so proud this summer when Sprog demanded that I take her down the front at a festival we were at!
She was the youngest there by about 10 years! Loved it!

Top Bottom