never ride a fixie in jeans...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RedBike

never ride a fixie in jeans that are a size too big and have flared legs.

I got the trouser leg caught in the chain and it yanked my trousers down. I couldn't stop pedalling to get my trouser leg out of the chainset or to pull my trousers back up agian.

Will1985

Über Member
Wear a belt :biggrin:

yello

Phew! I was thinking it was going to be one of those 'off and injured' threads... as it happens, you given me a good laugh! :biggrin:

Young Un

This reminds me of one of my clubmates; He was riding fixed wheel on one of the evening club runs (it was pretty much pitch black) and we went down this one big long hill and all us geared folk got to the bottom and wondered where our mate had gone. Turned out he had got his trackies stuck in the chain wheel and it just ripped them clean off so he ended up with one leg looking like a short and one normal length. When he got to the bottom he asked if we were going back that way as to find the leg and sew it back on. All of us, but him, were in stitches for what seemed like hours!:biggrin:

OP
OP
RedBike

RedBike

I was only planning on going 100yrds up the road and back to check my adjustments to the chain tension / brakes were alright for commuting to work tomorrow.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
RedBike said:
I was only planning on going 100yrds up the road and back to check my adjustments to the chain tension / brakes were alright for commuting to work tomorrow.

Why would you need to ride it for that?
Check chain tension let the wheel go around and tap the chain with a spanner, you can see the chain tension.
If your eally want to check, put the back wheel on the floor, push down hard on the pedals and lift the back wheel so the pedals spin fast. Shake the bike. If its slack the chain may come off.
Check the brakes by just pulling them when its stopped.
Simple:wacko:

OP
OP
RedBike

RedBike

Stamp on the pedals a few tiems, yank on the brakes hard and make sure nothing moves that shouldn't.

Saves me finding out somethings wrong when i'm late for work tomorrow morning.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
RedBike said:
Stamp on the pedals a few tiems, yank on the brakes hard and make sure nothing moves that shouldn't.

Saves me finding out somethings wrong when i'm late for work tomorrow morning.

:biggrin:
Well i have never done that.
Waste of time if you ask me...........

Top Bottom