New 12 speed DI2 - help needed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I've just had a lovely new Orro Gold with the new 12 speed DI2 - this is the one where the electronic gubbins is in the derailleur and not a separate junction box.

The issue is regardless of how I set it, I can't get synchronised or semi- synchro shifting to work. It just shifts as manual even though my Garmin and the Shimano etube app show its in S2 mode. Any ideas?

Cycleops

Legendary Member
If it's new I should resort back to your supplying dealer. They should be able to help if they have any interest in good customer relations.

Chislenko

Veteran
Personally, I didn't understand a word of the original post, old age and lack of awareness of new innovations setting in here!

TerryDi2

The older systems required you to press the junction box button to change modes. On the new system this has moved to the rear derailleur.

Have you switched modes using the button? If you haven't:

Locate the button on the rear derailleur, and then press it twice. That will switch to the next mode. The LED will indicate what mode you have just switched to.

If I recalled correctly:

• LED on: Manual mode
  • LED flashing twice: S1
  • LED flashing three times: S2

Last edited:

Ajax Bay

Guru
Think we need a separate orphan sub-forum: 'Bicycle electronics, disc brakes and tubeless tyres'. Leave the real physical mechanics and repairs to the familiar.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Think we need a separate orphan sub-forum: 'Bicycle electronics, disc brakes and tubeless tyres'. Leave the real physical mechanics and repairs to the familiar.
Perhaps just sticking with https://www.cyclechat.net/forums/vintage-classic-bikes.50/ would work.

Chislenko

Veteran
Disagree, a repair is a repair.

To be fair there are repairs and the are repairs that appear to me to require a degree in computer science 😟.

To be honest though Peter my last few years in the motor trade were pretty much the same, I just couldn't / didn't want to keep up with the technology and it just seemed to be a lot of youngsters plugging in diagnostic equipment. If they needed a gearbox or a diff rebuilding though they similarly turned to me.

Peter Salt

Bittersweet
To be fair there are repairs and the are repairs that appear to me to require a degree in computer science 😟.

To be honest though Peter my last few years in the motor trade were pretty much the same, I just couldn't / didn't want to keep up with the technology and it just seemed to be a lot of youngsters plugging in diagnostic equipment. If they needed a gearbox or a diff rebuilding though they similarly turned to me.
Yes, the similarities to motor repairs is what came to my mind as well.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Not sure about that, difficult to know where to draw the line.
Maybe there could a separate section for Di2 which has its own problems. Those that are still on conventional mechanical shifters could visit every so often if they needed a laugh.

Last edited:
Top Bottom