New acquisition.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ren531

Über Member
I have been given this Royal Enfield Club, 60s maybe,
IMG_20210321_090030.jpg

by
IMG_20210321_090053.jpg

a local farmer, its been in a hedge for a few decades, so what do you think guys just a quick oily rag resto, like the head of the Mathewsons family in Bangers and Cash says "a bit of weekend work required".

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
Not in bad nick. A bit of a t-cut and you're away.

OP
OP
ren531

ren531

Über Member
In my mind get it mobile and try it then go from there with some fine tuning and general maintenance
Just what I thought really . Update on the age ,pulled the front brake apart and it has a date of November 77 on it ,it has a 5 speed derailleur set up with Huret mec and changer and very little is usable spare part wise ,it has got a reasonable pair of Bluemells mud guards that are still flexible but faded though even the metalwork on those has dissolved , the head badge is good and the paint and frame at least externally seems ok ,though everything movable is seized solid .

Hate admitting defeat, but life's too short imo...:whistle:
Stick it on eBay 'showing some signs of age' and remember to include 'Eroica' in the title, then some idiot like me will snap it up :rolleyes:

OP
OP
ren531

ren531

Über Member
Ha ha, yep no sign of the chain or wheel rims they dissolved a while back, i will just rob it of what bits I can, which isn't much, I would not trust the frame internal rust could mean a dangerously weak spot somewhere, head badge is nice though.

Top Bottom