New Audax Bike - Advice Please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

k669caj

Über Member
I am looking to buy new bike and decided to go for audax style - currently considering dawes clubman or ribble audax.
Can anyone offer advice / experience on these two or other alternatives around £600-£800

Thank you.

Jo

david k

Hi
van nichols are nice but more expensiv i think

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
I am looking to buy new bike and decided to go for audax style - currently considering dawes clubman or ribble audax.
Can anyone offer advice / experience on these two or other alternatives around £600-£800

Thank you.

Jo

Hi there. I havent ridden the Dawes or the Ribble. The Ribble got a great write up in cycling plus this month. It described it as the best value sub £750 bike on the market.For about 700 you get a pretty well specced bike with Campag Veloce groupset.

I don't have a lot of experience with different types of bikes nor have I ridden a Dawes Clubman. When it came to retire my long-serving steel ride last year I bought a Ribble Audax and have been very pleased with it. Because of a (non-cycling) accident earlier this year I have only covered 1300 miles in the last 12 months but they have been almost completely problem-free.*

As you will know, the range of options on the Ribble is extensive, so it should be possible to balance the cost/benefit equation to your satisfaction.

I don't know how experienced you are but if your current bike 'fits' you really well it would be worth comparing its dimensions to the models you're considering to see if they are similar.

If I can I'll be happy to answer more specific questions if you have any.

* After about a month the indexing on the front mech needed attention but I put that down to cable stretch. I would guess that's not unusual with new cables.

Breedon

Legendary Member
Just thought i'll put my input in, i have the ribble which i use for commuteing and rides and im very pleased with it and had no problems with it at all and i've had it for 3 years now.

Im so pleased with it im starting to save up for there carbon bikes.

ACS

Legendary Member
have a peek at a Tifosi CK7C Audax.

Tifosi CK7C Audax. - Review

Supplier

Son in law did the JoGLE on one, never missed a beat, unlike some of the other bike being used.

If I was looking to replace my Audax bike (currently a second user Tricross Sport) this would be at the top of my list.

yello

The Tifosi was reviewed in CycleActive a couple of months ago as I recall. In the summary, I don't think they were overly flattering about it which I thought a little odd because they'd written good things about it in the actual review.

Despite them not rating it as highly as the other 2 bikes (I think the Dawes was one), I personally thought it'd be the bike I'd go for. It seemed more suited to my purposes.

Top Bottom