New Bike help

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Daninplymouth

Hi, I am currently riding a Caad13 60cm but can not get 100% comfortable I think it is slightly too big. I’m about 188cm tall with an inseam around 90cm which is right at the lower end of their fitting chart.

I have put a shorter stem on which helps but after an hour or 2 I get a sharp pain in one side of my neck. This is my first proper bike. Anyway have been looking at new bikes as there’s nothing else to do at the mo and wish I’d bought disc brakes too.

I have narrowed it down to possibly a Boardman slr 9.6 in large, I’m right at the upper limit of the fitting for this but it seems a more relaxed position and had a large cx from them before which was fine.
Or a Ribble endurance SL in XL, this looks slightly more compact then my cannondale. The only thing that confuses me a bit is the stack is quite a bit lower however the top tube is shorter so would this make it more comfortable or a more aggressive position?

Have a screen shot of the geometry’s below would I be correct in thinking that either of these 2 should offer more comfort of the caad?
Any input appreciated
Thanks
Dan

OP
OP
Daninplymouth

Daninplymouth

The Boardman isn’t available any more so that is out of the question now.
Regarding the ribble do you think it would be more compact and more comfortable? It has the same reach but a shorter top tube so I’m guessing the real reach is a little shorter.
Im confused as I always thought cannondale were pretty aggressive and being long and low and the ribble is called an endurance but has a lower front :wacko:

vickster

Legendary Member
You can always flip the stem to bring the bars up

How do the stack and head tube measurements compare?

OP
OP
Daninplymouth

Daninplymouth

You can always flip the stem to bring the bars up

How do the stack and head tube measurements compare?
Thanks I have flipped my stem, the standard cannondale is 110, I went to 100 and just the past few days have gone down to a 90 and this feels better again.
between these bikes they both have a reach of 400mm
Cannondale
Stack 615
Head tube 209
Seat tube 583
Ribble
Stack 610
Head tube 200
Seat tube 540

OP
OP
Daninplymouth

Daninplymouth

Surely you are nearer to a medium size frame than large ie 56/8 not 60 cm ?
I do think I should’ve bought a 58 now but it’s to late to change.
Also I have flipped the stem up and gone from 110 to a 90 and this seems to have helped a lot so will stick with this for now

Hi, I am currently riding a Caad13 60cm but can not get 100% comfortable I think it is slightly too big. I’m about 188cm tall with an inseam around 90cm which is right at the lower end of their fitting chart.

I have put a shorter stem on which helps but after an hour or 2 I get a sharp pain in one side of my neck. This is my first proper bike. Anyway have been looking at new bikes as there’s nothing else to do at the mo and wish I’d bought disc brakes too.

I have narrowed it down to possibly a Boardman slr 9.6 in large, I’m right at the upper limit of the fitting for this but it seems a more relaxed position and had a large cx from them before which was fine.
Or a Ribble endurance SL in XL, this looks slightly more compact then my cannondale. The only thing that confuses me a bit is the stack is quite a bit lower however the top tube is shorter so would this make it more comfortable or a more aggressive position?

Have a screen shot of the geometry’s below would I be correct in thinking that either of these 2 should offer more comfort of the caad?
Any input appreciated
Thanks
Dan
View attachment 514198

View attachment 514199

View attachment 514200
I am slightly taller than you and 60cm never works for me, so 58cm every time. My LBC always advise 60, and they are 'technically' right...its just preference after 30 odd years in the saddle.

OP
OP
Daninplymouth

Daninplymouth

I have moved my saddle a bit and the shorter stem seems to help. It seems a bit strange at times as I can sometimes do 21/2 hour rides ok and other times it starts aching my neck after 30mins. It’s always my left side.
Think my plan is to leave it as is for now then pick up a synapse later in the year and will get a 58cm this time maybe the caad is to aggressive for my first roadie

OP
OP
Daninplymouth

Daninplymouth

Well after debating iv decided to take a chance and order up the 58cm synapse. Will update when I have received it

Top Bottom