New Bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mooster

A few months ago I was asking about the Kona Sutra, well, in the end I went ahead and ordered one. After a 2 and a half month wait I picked it up today and took it for a short spin around Windermere.

First impressions are very positive. On some previous reviews there were issues about toe clearance with the front wheel - this doesn't seem to be a problem. I'll be off on a short tour on it in a few weeks and can't wait.

I think I'll wander back to the garage and stare at it again.....

snorri

Legendary Member
Mooster said:
I think I'll wander back to the garage and stare at it again.....
;):biggrin::biggrin:
Happy touring.:ohmy:

mortis

hi

I've just finished putting a sutra through it's paces, I bought one in May, I wanted something slightly more robust, as I like to stray off road.
Had it's first real run the last 3 days, up Peddars Way in Norfolk and round the coast, loaded with camping gear and not-so-light rider :wacko:

Bike performed brilliantly, inspired confidence, very sure footed over the roughest of stuff and didn't fail me once. Was lumped over fences, dragged under gates, bounced through endless potholes, and man handled across the beach. Very comfortable ride when cruising the roads. Really very pleased.

OP
OP
M

Mooster

Some photos

I had planned a ride from Preston to Skipton on Saturday, but in the end I extended it to Harrogate. This was my first long ride for a while so was a bit of a challenge. It was also the first real test of the new bike.

My route was Preston, through Longridge, Waddington, Bolton by Bowland, Hellifield and a lunch stop at Airton.

After lunch it was through Cracoe to Appletreewick and then a tough climb (for me) up to Stump Cross Caverns. I had to have a rest here (and ice cream) before decending to Pately Bridge and over to Harrogate.

All in all quite tiring but very enjoyable. I've got a short tour planned in just over two weeks which I can't wait for now.

I couldn't manage to get the pictures to show but the forst three in this list are from the ride...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/40126411@N00/

Top Bottom