new bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pe1ter

i haveca choice of cube attain gtc for £1000 or a giant tcr1 for an extra 200 pound. the purchase is through cycle plus scheme the guy in the shop said i would suit the cube better as the giant is full on race bike bare in mind im an overweight enthusiastic cyclist who hopes sometime to be able to 50 miles at a good pace. the giant just looks so nice but i wouldnt want to get it and think oops big mistake.

S-Express

There's no reason why the Giant should not suit you, providing you can achieve an acceptable fit on it. It is a race oriented frame, but so what. The Yamaha R1 is a race oriented motorcycle, but that doesn't stop it being ridden by overweight enthusiasts who will never make the start line at WSB. Either way, you will get the best results from a bike that floats your boat the most.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
If you like the Giant and it fits you, then go with that.
Don't buy a bike that you don't really want to save a couple of hundred quid, or solely on the advice of someone who won't be riding it, as it will niggle away at you forever.

I was warned that I might find my Boardman Road Pro Carbon "bit too race orientated" - stuff and nonsense, we get on just fine. :okay:

There's no reason why the Giant should not suit you, providing you can achieve an acceptable fit on it. It is a race oriented frame, but so what. The Yamaha R1 is a race oriented motorcycle, but that doesn't stop it being ridden by overweight enthusiasts who will never make the start line at WSB. Either way, you will get the best results from a bike that floats your boat the most.

I like this :laugh:..... it's true, all the power rangers who think they are John Mcguiness on fireblade:okay:

bondirob

Can you ride them both and see which you like best?
I've got a defy and a synapse and one day I had them side by side and the synapse is a fair bit lower than the defy but I find the synapse more comfy.

Top Bottom