New Bike!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ginty

Nothing fancy like I've seen on here so far. But this is a good starter for me to get into shape.

Went a little over my $500 budget on this but the fact that it is a 29er really made me want it more rather than the entry level Trek bikes that are in the $500 range.

Here is to my goal of losing 50 lbs by September 1

Thanks,

Brian

Gary Fisher/Treak Wahoo 29er
newbike2.jpg

Attachments

• newbike2.jpg
    newbike2.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 24
  • newbike2.jpg
    newbike2.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 20
  • newbike2.jpg
    newbike2.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 31
  • newbike2.jpg
    newbike2.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 21

Chr15

Very nice - ride it in good health!

Losing 50 lbs in 6 months is very ambitious, but riding coupled with a sensible diet should see you through. Don't be disappointed if you don't hit the target though - I've been cycling 28 miles a day for more than 2 months now and have only lost 4 pounds! That said, I have lost about 4 inches off my waist which is actually what I was aiming for.

OP
OP
ginty

ginty

I think I'll be able to do it. I went from working construction to working in an office about 2 years ago and have gained about 70 lbs just from not working out enough because before the work was enough excersize to keep me at a good weight. Plus, to make me want to ride even more, I sold one of my TV's so I could buy it ;) so no more watching TV (in the bedroom at least).

I've got an 8 mile commute that I will start riding to work and back each day. Between that and a healthy diet (which will be hard for me that riding, love my food) I think I'll be able to reach my goal. But heck, even if I lose 20 lbs by then it is still a win win situation for me!

Norm

Nice ride, ginty! :becool: Would love to try a 29er at some point, just worried that I'd be tempted to purchase. :giggle:

Top Bottom