New biker looking to ride to Barcelona!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arteta

Hey guys.
I'm currently in Nottingham for uni, and i'm looking at riding with a friend from Calais to Barcelona this summer, our aim is to do it in 2 weeks.

We're both 23 and are fighting fit, both having sporting backgrounds. My friend is a graduated (and working) physiotherapist, which will come in handy for the trip.

We're currently not bike-fit, as neither of us have done anything like this before. My legs are getting stronger with my current training, i'm squatting 130kg and I should be doing a lot more by summer, though I'm yet to train them for endurance.

We don't have bikes yet, and don't know an awful lot about them. My purpose in these forums is to learn about long-distance biking, training, equipment, nutrition, and anything else I may need to know for when my trip starts. We should be heading out in around August, which gives myself many months to prepare.

The destination could possibly change, if we decide to head for northern Italy instead, but as it stands we're looking at Barcelona.

I'm sure I'll annoy people with questions, especially when it comes to buying the bikes! Nice to meet you all.

Hey,

Sounds awesome what youre doing. Im too in a similar position to yourself. Except Im looking at going from Gibraltar up to Yorkshire. I too am just a rookie at the moment, but wil use the time to train up. Get used to long rides, go on a weekend trip to get used to camping. Gee I dont even know how to put a tent up at this point! But I intend to get over that finish line next month. Im also looking at doing my trip solo.

Best of luck on your trip. I too will probably be asking allsorts of questions and annoying people on here nearer to the time!

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
It's important to learn how to maintain your bike and most things that go wrong with them can be fixed quiet easily. lots of videos on youtube about how to change tyres and cleaning your chain etc. so that is a great resource for that.

Top Bottom